We proudly deliver Canada's flagship learn to skate program
Begins April 24th
5:45 pm - 6:30 pm
11:15 am - 12:00 pm
REGISTER ANY TIME
- A complete series of balance, control and agility skills that will prepare skaters for any ice skating sport or recreational skating.
- Nationally-tested and proven curriculum and delivery methods that guarantee skater success.
- Designed for 90% movement so skaters learn in an active and fun group setting.
- Nationally certified coaches trained specifically in teaching the mechanics and proper technique of skating.
- Coaches are assisted by trained program assistants.
- Ensures no more than 10 skaters per coach/program assistant.
- Provides kids with the best foundation for figure skating, hockey, speed skating and ringette.
- Introduces a healthy, lifelong activity at an early age.
- Promotes fun, fitness and participation.
- Some of the best skaters in the world learned to skate with CanSkate including Olympic figure skaters, Olympic speed skaters, men’s and women’s Olympic hockey players and NHL players.
- Tessa Virtue & Scott Moir, Olympic and World ice dance champions.
- Patrick Chan, Olympic medalist and World men’s figure skating champion.
- Ivanie Blondin, Olympic and World long track speed skater.
- Matt Duchene, NHL Colorado Avalanche and Olympic hockey team gold medallist.
- Jeff Skinner, NHL Carolina Hurricanes, NHL Rookie of the Year and former Canadian juvenile men’s figure skating medallist.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What equipment do I need?
A: A helmet, skates and basic gloves or mittens are all that are required.
Q: What kind of helmet do I need?
A: A CSA approved hockey or skateboarding helmet is required. Bicycle helmets are not suitable for skating.
Q: Can I rent skates from you?
A: No, unfortunately we do not rent skates out.
Q: What kind of skates should I get?
A: Skates should fit snugly and have plenty of ankle support. The exact type does not matter until a skater wants to pursue a specific sport.
Q: Are there age restrictions?
A: Anyone 4 years of age or older is welcome to register. Children 3 years of age can be assessed by our coaches to determine their readiness.
Q: My skater did some lessons elsewhere, how do I know where he/she will fit into your program? Do they have to start at the beginning level?
A: Skaters with some experience will be assessed by our coaches and placed in the appropriate level.
Q: Can I do more than one session per week?
A: Absolutely! We usually offer 3 - 4 different sessions depending on the season.
Q: I am an adult, can I learn to skate too?
A: Definitely! Adults are welcome to learn to skate, power skate, and figure skate with us.
Don't see your question? Send it to us!